marionette show 2

food. desserts. cakes. coffe. ice creams. fab finds. quirky items. rants. raves. dreams. wants. needs. music. fashion. pictures. friends. family.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

happy fathers day!
------

this sunday is father's day, and THANK GOD for the time to upload this post.

i am beyond grateful to have dad as my father - he is an ordinary extraordinary dad - i have learned much from him, and i remember even saying in one of my cards to him, that i have him to thank for really being just a mabuting tao, and a down to earth person. see, my dad has always been friends with most of his workers, drivers, mekaniko's, and househelps, and i do try to be the same way.

my dad is not selfish, he thinks about other people before him. he thinks about mom, me, aggie and cho too. whenever we go thru certain points in our life, especially when all went to college and had problems in selecting school - that was the time i felt that he was there for me, he would accompany me to DLSU and UST everyday. he would drive me for school interviews. he never missed any of my milestone moments - graduation, retreats, and more and more i appreciate that.

lately, i have been taking flights back to singapore at 6am, meaning i had to be in the airport at 4am. dad together with mang jun would bring me to the airport, he made sure i was brought there safe. if ever, i fly from clark, its either mom or dad who will always fetch/send me. their efforts are much appreciated by me.

dad never required me to be someone else, i have never heard him said, "bakit si ganito, ganyan.." i don't recall being compared to someone much better, for him, i was enough.

my relationship with dad is not perfect, we barely talk before, except for those casual conversations. ever since, i started to work here, i felt like he looked at me another way. he saw me as a person with inputs and i felt that he values it, i like this relationship that i have with him now.

two weeks ago, we accompanied dad to get a new pair of glasses, rayban frames with lenses, that costed Php 15k, we let aggie pay for it first using her credit card. then, the night before i left, i told dad that it will be my fathers day present for him. he said, "wag na, madami ka nang gastos, you bought your mom pa a bag for mother's day." i said, wala yun, kaya ko naman, i have means to pay for it, and whatever i have is also yours.

dad has never been materialistic, he has always been giving, and i wish that i could be somewhat like him. the greatest gift i could ever give my dad, is for him to be proud of me, because i am super grateful and proud to be his son. i love you, dad.


mom and dad, 2008 birthday


dad with his siblings, my uncle's and auntie's


my family.


dad lounging at the hotel, this was taken last holy week, i wasn't there, he was with the rest of the family.


mom and dad, i will give and do anything for them.

ps. i gave my mom her present when i arrived in manila on may 27. she was so surprised and wanted to kiss me. she said she will pay for it daw, or even half of it. i told her no need, and i will take care of it. i just wish GOD continues to bless me, so i can really share more of this blessings to not just my family, but for those who are in need.

speaking of those who are in need, i have 2 worldvision kids that i continuously support since last year, i have a 1-year pledge with unicef, and i have donated to the haiti earthquake. it's not a lot of money, but it makes me feel like a million bucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home