marionette show 2

food. desserts. cakes. coffe. ice creams. fab finds. quirky items. rants. raves. dreams. wants. needs. music. fashion. pictures. friends. family.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

counting my blessings.
------

anyway this post is about really looking at the brighter side of work. i think i have established early on how i really like the people i am working with, the clients to be very specific. they are nice people, and really values me for my contribution to their business.

working on a regional level is a bit of challenge, since you have so much people to work with, 5 local counterparts - adhering to their own ways, practices, etc. you have to work with the regional people (directors, bosses, research team, etc), you have to be involve in every meeting, every conversation. you have to work with regional clients, and managing their expectations and output, you have to work with the local clients and really drive synergies with the regional direction, plus you have to work with regional media managers, etc. it is not the easiest job in the world, believe me... but it all seem less stressful and more fun, when you work with people you like.

Lina, my ex-BM is going back to spain, since she is giving birth, and truth to be told, am sad since i really like her a lot. the team invited us to join them for farewell party + celebration for promotions of other team members. some photos below:


the whole team, Lina is the one beside me, wearing the purple dress.


the one on Lina's left is Bow, the BM she replaced. Bow is thai and is also a very nice person.


everyone raising their bubbly's for lina.. she is super loved by everyone, honestly. there was really sincere moments of tears from most people.


chwee, me and lina - am glad we had this photo. also, since we like her very much, we got her a present, its a green crystal necklace from swarovski, she opened it and loved it so much, and she told me that her favorite color is green. isn't that cool?!

anyway, on her last day, i emailed her a personal note:

Dear Lina,

I think its your last day today, and I just want to say that I will truly truly miss you here at ASEAN. Its true what they say - you truly light up our long initiative meetings, you made our MMRs more fun. Working with you, feels like, I am not working at all. You truly are an inspiration not just to your team - but I can personally say for me as well. I just wish you could have stayed longer, but other things are definitely more important - especially now that you are becoming a mom. Am sure you will be great - just from the passionate testimonials (haha) of your ABMs, and from me as well.

Wishing you all the best in life, am sure you will be successful in whatever you will do. And, again, thank you - for everything, for being the best client, and a really good friend as well. :) Hope that our paths will cross in the future.

Cheers!
Anton


and she replied:

dear Anton

thank you for your kind words, you make me cry!

Im sitting here surrounded by boxes and movers and it feels sad to leave as well.

I really hope I can come back and yes we will cross again. I will send my private details and emails etc for you to always be in touch.:)!

As I have said I had loads of fun and I truly believe you guys are the best media partners I have worked with, keep bringing the outside world and ideas into the region we need them!!

Take care and thank YOU!

lina


--

i just feel blessed to met and worked with clients like this. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,that note aint that personal anymore.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home