marionette show 2

food. desserts. cakes. coffe. ice creams. fab finds. quirky items. rants. raves. dreams. wants. needs. music. fashion. pictures. friends. family.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

a year and a half later...
------

taking you back in time, to last December 2008, where we last met in manila, i checked my blog history, and the i posted it on the 25th of December, Christmas day.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XGTUrltRQQo/SVJlN6oMX1I/AAAAAAAACIg/z9Qv_NOaSR0/s1600-h/DSC05923.JPG

it took me a while to compose this blog post, as i want to be in the proper frame of mind when i write this, i want to be focused and be grateful for all the blessings, to be able to see the glass half full rather than half empty. you get what i mean.

joan is now based in saigon, and pau lives in new york, while am here in singapore, i still am amazed that somehow we are still connected. sometimes we skype each other, we do a 3-way call, sometimes video conferencing and sometimes thru facebook. nett, is that this trip made me realize how much i missed them - how proud i am to be their friend, and see them doing so well in life. i have to look at it really as a celebration - celebration of friendship - i know that this is not the last time i will see them, i just know that.

i chose to post 9 from the hundreds of photos that we have from last weekends meet up in singapore, i don't have a specific reason why i chose this, but i'll try to write a caption that has captured those moments.


pau and liv, having brunch at PS Cafe, Dempsey. liv is paulo's younger sister. she is no stranger to me, i have met her when i was still back in manila, and it was great to see her doing so good and being so successful in her chosen craft.


canton-i, food. pau, joan and i have always loved food, i guess thatt's our common denominator - we enjoy it tremendously, trying out new resto's, cooking, making recipes. i guess you can say that food is what drew us closer. i still remember when joan wasn't doing the artist chef yet, me and paulo were one of the first that she made a meal for - during my despedida dinner at her old condo.


chicken rice. because pau always wanted to eat this ever since i was based here 4 years ago. it is the one thing that he has always asked of me whenever we talk online.


joan, ainee and pau - they belong to one creative team before, with pedi as their creative director. ainee and i became close during my last few mos in GASSO - we bonded over dreams, and what we want to achieve. when GASSO asked me to stay, ainee was the one who told me to follow my heart, and if i accept GASSO's offer and stay - will i be happy there? so now, i am here.


got this photo from paulo's cam. i don't remember how i got to know joan, the only thing i remember is that we kind of joined GASSO the same year, and we were part of the xmas committee that year. we used to go to SM Makati and buy stuff for the xmas party, and kaya kami naging close. anyway, i am truly happy i met joan - she is one of the sweetest.


joan, ainee and julette - the chinatown girls. haha! si julette naman is a different story altogether. she has been close to me since i started working, i bonded with her since they we were always part of the pitch team - we had this joke before, that we should just jump out of the veranda, since parati kaming busy. i don't see julette often even if she is based here as well, we often have different set of friends too, but one things for sure - whenever we need each other, whenever we just feel like talking and hanging out, we are there for each other.


pearl milk tea evokes good memories for me - i remember during one of the GASSO vacation - where we would always get milk tea in HK/Shenzen, the same group. i love milk tea, i love quickly taro-taro, and stuff like that.


at the singapore flyer, it felt like being on top of the world, the feeling i have when i am with them.


inside the capsule at the flyer - look at us now, as they say, paganda ng paganda ang buhay, and the best part of it, we all are still friends. :)


one thing is sure, just thinking about them makes me smile, and just for that, i am forever grateful. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanie said...

I am really looking forward to catch up to my blog. And one post I should do is my Singapore trip.

I was transported to my past while reading this Anton... I cannot imagine that we had 5 years of friendship already. Or almost! I am touched. During college I was teased to be prone to have chinese friends and suitors... and proof to that, my ex boyfriend is chinese but iam glad i don't have ex friends... you are my favorite chinese friend... I am really touched with this post :-)

hugssss
joanie xxx

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home