marionette show 2

food. desserts. cakes. coffe. ice creams. fab finds. quirky items. rants. raves. dreams. wants. needs. music. fashion. pictures. friends. family.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

inspiration.
------

my last few weeks felt like i was stuck in a slump, its hard to describe the feeling, its like living monotonously, day in and day out. it feels like, its the same day over and over again. my life was boring, uninspiring and unproductive, for my own personal standards. actually, i never thought of those past few weeks that way, for me it was normal, my normal.

after last week, just last monday, i felt inspired.. inspired to do things, to be things, and to dream things. the first sign came, when i gave a damn on how i dress to work. in moments of total bleakness, i would wear my black or dark blue collared shirt (either the M&S or MJ one - my favorite boring shirts) paired with my loose-cut jeans + nike sneakers. i looked like going to school vs joining the workforce, or i even look like i just joined the workforce. HAHA! even our interns, are dressed better than me.

i remember a few months ago, krazy (my ex-colleague) told me that i have to "step-up" my wardrobe since i was promoted to manager already, that i should at least wear polo's and stop wearing round neck shirts with eccentric designs. i never took it seriously. thing is, when am in the mood, i can step-up the wardrobe anyway, but the past few weeks, ever since i came back from manila, i just didn't give a damn.

so now i promise myself to at least present myself nicely in the office. i just made an audit of my wardrobe, i just discovered that i have so much stuff that i don't even wear. you know, out of sight, out of mind, since they are tucked in my closet, i don't even remember them. i will try and document what i will wear to office starting tomorrow, and will upload photos in this blog, it will be some sort of project for me, just to continue the inspiration.

anyway to sum things up, here are few things i will do to keep me inspired

- wear nice clothes to work, i think it should benefit my career and it will keep me inspired, to look forward to what i will wear.

- read more. i just finished reading haruki murakami's after dark. i purchased this at books actually at ann siang hill, i loved the place, and will go back to get another book to read. i am thinking that i need to buy books there, to keep the place alive, its an independent book store, and i love that thought, especially these modern times.

- faith. i go to church weekly now, but i want to buy the booklet for praying the rosary, i want to start praying the rosary again, this am sure will keep me inspired.

- holidays. who doesn't love that? every person in my age range loves exploring and going for vacations. my next is japan in august, and am too excited for that. now, am thinking of places for next year - 1) vietnam - saigon (again, to visit joan) + side trip to cambodia with julette. and 2) new york to visit pau, hopefully joan joins me too, 3) and maybe HK for another family vacation. (i miss HK)!!

- in a way work inspires me, i have to say. whenever i produce great work, i make sure the next is better. one thing i learned about myself is that i love challenges, because if there is nothing new for me, nothing new to learn, nothing to achieve, i would get bored and would need to move on.

- my family and friends inspire me. i feel great when i talk to them, i find inspiration in how they live their lives, and how they achieve their dreams. i like that.


anyway that's it, hopefully i get to stick to taking photos of myself and what am wearing on a daily basis, honestly, knowing me, i won't be able to do this, but then again, i am challenging myself. haha!

1 Comments:

Blogger Joanie said...

I will look forward for either NY or Saigon. Wag ka muna mag HK :)

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home